The French Coordination Group (GFC) is a national non-profit organization that was formed in 1963 at the initiative of the IFP (French Institute of Petroleum), now IFPEN. It was agreed to create a group aimed at the development and the improvement of test methods that are essential to the oil industry, OEM and users, in complementarity with other bodies, to especially meet the specific needs of French manufacturers and their brands.
The GFC’s main objectives are to ensure a forum of technical exchanges between experts in the domain of transportation fuels, lubricants and other fluids, including lubricating greases and cooling liquids which are no longer taken into account by other bodies, and to develop methods for assessing the performance of these products. The mission of the GFC is based on the needs expressed by its members, at the national level and at European level.
As a result of an incident on the network, our phone number +33 1 47 32 35 66 is inaccessible or qualiffied as "Unassigned" .
In the meantime, waiting that ORANGE put again the line in order, call BESTCAP that hosts our secretariat at +331 47 16 97 92
Fuel eco, a must for the environment
Read here (sorry, in French only) the synthesis of presentations of GFC technical conference in 2016 prepared by EVOLEN and supplemented by GFC
1 - Evolution of the method GFC-LU-43-A-11, aging by oxidation of motor oils in the presence of biofuel diesel
2-possibly needs for new methods: some ideas:
- representativity of ageing methods
- method to ageing big volume of pre aging oil before engine test
- method of ageing with types and levels of organic in the diesel-fuel differing from the GFC-LU-43 method
- ageing 'nitro-oxidation type' – method
- ageing of oil in the presence of gasoline
Following round robin tests, GFC has just reviewed several methods:
- GFC-FL-10-A-17 on foaming
- GFC-FL-22-T-17 on corrosion in glassware
- GFC-FL-108-A-17 Corrosion on hot plates
- GFC-LU-27-A-13-Version 3 microcoking
Each year for 20 years, GFC has organized technical conferences; in 2016, it was in Paris La Défense on November 16th et 17th novembre and the topic was